Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Here's my salad...



I realize I probably have more time on my hands now than anyone else ('cept maybe Molly), so please excuse my frequent posting.

But here's my beautiful summer salad for dinner. It included:
the CSA trout (which I find weird and my husband found yucky) lettuce
CSA broccoli (which I blanched and cooled first; highly recommend this when using "raw" broccoli in salad)
FM chicken
store bought avocado
store bought raspberries
store bought granny smiths
and the dressing I made with lemon juice, olive oil, champagne vinegar, and the CSA parsley

Quite yummy, and I now love anything that can use three CSA items in one recipe. Funny, how after two weeks, it's already somewhat of a chore to use it all. And I know it will only get worse. But I ALSO know how good it is for me (and baby!).

1 comment:

Meryl DePasquale said...

sounds yummy! I'm bummed to be missing two weeks of veggies... as soon as I'm back in Minneapolis it's salad time!