Friday, June 11, 2010


So far, the only thing I have made with the vegetables are photographs, but I like to do this with each portion as a kind of seasonal record. We'll dig in over the weekend, and I'll share recipes then.

Box one:
- rosemary plant
- broccoli
- dino kale
- scallions
- kohlrabi
- purple top turnip
- summer savory
- spinach

Two recipes of the past to share:

- Kale and White Bean Soup: a success. Utilizes the kale and rosemary. Made for Meryl and Shawn, who seemed to think it wasn't too bad; even my vegetable-averse husband consumed it!
- Potato, Turnip and Carrot Gratin with Garlic-Herb Bechamel Sauce: a failure, due to over-use of vegetables and under-use of bechamel. This is probably a much better late fall or winter recipe.

3 comments:

Meryl DePasquale said...

The newsletter says they want to pick up the boxes from last Thursday this Thursday. It's nice that they're reusing them! Maybe it will be easier in the future to bring bags and leave the boxes at Angie's?

Meryl DePasquale said...

PS - Are you sure that's not a lavender plant? I thought I had taken a rosemary... but you could have taken someone else's half.

EWH said...

1. I brought a bag to take my half share from Angie. Easy peasy.
2. That IS a lavender plant. I got the same.