Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 2

Here it is, almost week 3, and I'm the first to post about week 2's box? I thought there'd be all kinds of things floating around on here :-)

Well, I was out of town until Sunday, and only the green onions suffered Patrick's care. He didn't put them in the fridge because on my handy guide, "onions" are listed as counter, not refrigerator. I pointed out that "GREEN onions" are also on the list, but under refrigerator and he apologized. This is minimal damage, though, so no big deal.

I have so far used about half of the stuff in these ways:
Kohlrabi salad: tossed sliced kohlrabi with apple cider vinegar, mayo, and pepper. Yums.
Snap peas: snack. Didn't even wash them. Sorry, baby.
Sauteed greens: butter and olive oil (yes, both!) with garlic and onion, sautee 45 seconds, add white wine and chard and turnip greens, sautee until wilted and half of liquid is reduced, then add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsps fresh parm. Even the husband loved them. They were served with wild rice and grilled pork chops.

Tonight, I plan on making a chicken salad for dinner with the different lettuces, parsley in the dressing, and broccoli (with non-CSA products chicken, feta, and raspberries). Should be tasty.

Then tomorrow I have book club. Doesn't look like I'll use all of this week's stuff before getting next week's. This stuff is hard to keep up on!

No comments: